2012 Summer Research Laboratory
ADVANCE YOUR RESEARCH. ADVANCE YOUR CAREER.
June 11-August 3, 2012
The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center (REEEC) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign offers scholars an extensive opportunity to advance their research and careers through the Summer Research Lab (SRL). The program provides access to the University Library and an opportunity to consult the expert librarians of the Slavic Reference Service (SRS). Graduate students and junior scholars have the chance to participate in specialized workshops and programming current with area studies’ trends.
Grants are available but are restricted by U.S. Department of State funding regulations. Please consult the website for housing and travel grant eligibility: http://reeec.illinois.edu/srl/grants/
The application is available online at: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/8191108.
Junior Scholars Training Workshops 2012
The JSTWs offered by REEEC during the summer are an excellent opportunity to advance academically and professionally. Workshops are moderated by well-respected experts in their field, and the topics covered are on trend with current area studies research.
- The Dynamics of Cultural Globalization in Post-Soviet Space
- June 11—13, 2012
- Moderator: Dr. Doug Blum, Professor of Political Science at Providence College
- Building Lives in Soviet Central Asia
- June 18—20, 2012
- Moderator: Dr. Shoshana Keller, Professor of History at Hamilton College
- ILL Training Workshop: Non-Latin Scripts in a Romanized World
- June 11—13, 2012
- Moderator: Helen Sullivan, Manager of the Slavic Reference Service at the University of Illinois
Funding for this program is provided in part by the Department of State, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Office of Outreach Title VIII Program for Research and Training on Eastern Europe and Eurasia (Independent States of the Former Soviet Union). More about the program can be found at http://state.gov/s/inr/grants/.