This is a request for intership in the International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO in Geneva, Switzerland. it is a UN Agency which deals with trade promotion and trade facilitation in developing countries in private sector.
That internship is in the Office for Africa, Bereau for Policy and Programme.
Office for Africa is responsible for developing coherent and coordinated responses to country and regional needs in Africa, based on the ITC competencies, especially making the trade support institutions to deliver the one-to-one to many objective.
Under overall guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Trade Promotion Officer (STPO), Office for Africa (OA), Bureau for Policy and Programme, the intern will be assigned to tasks that will create a knowledge base for the OA section, and assesting the STPO in managing the processes. Specially he/she will perform the following duties:
- carry out research on trade-related issues of particular concern to Africa and collect relevant intelligence related to the East Africa and South African Development Region (SADC) and the countries concerned.
- prepare country briefs and help to maintain the country portal for countries covered by EPAS, AITP and TICTAD regional agenda for Africa
- perform other duties aligned and relevant to the intern's learning/educational objectives
- research public-private partnerships in selected industries
- assess the risks involved in collaborating with the selected industries (using the Global Fund's risk assessment methodology)
- recommend ways to mitigate risk
Fluent written and spoken English. French would be an asset (as well as other languages - as there is multicultural working environment)
Internship duration is 6 months.
Internship is not paid.
Start date aprox: March 2009.
The potential intern should preferable have Masrter's (Specialist) Degree, profound knowledge in macroeconomics, microeconomics, trade issues and international political economy. the candidate should be communicative, keen to learn, flexible, and ambitious person.
The potential intern will have a UN badge — this gives an access to all UN Organizations as well as UN head quarter in Geneva. so, there is an excellent opportunity to attend UN conferences and meet world-known politicians and economists. it is a good start for international political and economic career.
The aprox cost for living in Geneva is 1500 Swiss francs per month.
To apply the candidates should prepare CV in ENGLISH stating academic background, achievements and possible work experience.
- contact person
- Marina Murina