Hey guys: an idea - let's start up this community
Reasons: 1. we have a lot of international students at the university
we don't use their knowledge and experience in full capacity :)
2. we have a lot of students studying different regions and their culture
3. we are a multicultural society !
4. i feel nostalgic to the cosmoclubs of the american universities :))
The way it is going to work: each month is meant to be devoted to one region/country: 1. you can poster the walls (TBD) with pictures and posters of the culture you represent or want people to learn more about
2. and make a presentation of your culture/country/region at some evening that month. Presentation can be of any kind - PowerPoint, dancing, singing, a performance, etc. whatever you may think of (but keep in mind the rules of the university, limited technical support, moral rules :)) If you want your presentation being accompanied by snacks and refreshments of your culture that's cool too - but you organize it yourselves :)
3. if you are interested in making such a presentation - come and talk to me - Polina M. Golovatina /office of the chair of foreign languages of our faculty/ or someone else responsible
4. if you want to be one of the organizers - i will be more than happy to see you - urgently need volunteers :)
and in conclusion - sign up!
foreign students! - are especially encouraged to participate